Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's that time of Year:)

Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Pumpkin....
There's nothing like the yummy warm goodness of homemade pumpkin muffins, pie, cookies..... The list goes on.....
And if you haven't made your own fresh puree, I would encourage you to.. Its easy and oohhhhh sooooo yummy.. And the nutrients are all still alive , unlike the canned stuff. Now, Ive been know to use the canned in the past, so I don't think its not good, I just like this better... Much better haha.. 
 So if you have time, I say try it out... 
Get 2 pie pumpkins
Lop off the tops
Cut them in half and gut those puppies....
quarter them and lay them face up or face down.. Ive done it both ways and prefer meat up.
Dont toss those seeds, bc you can roast those up with some seasoning and they are delish
Bake pumpkin on 350 for 45-50 min. until fork tender....
Walahhhhh  fresh, yummy, golden goodness..

Have a wonderful Fall, full of family and pumpkin:)
Photobucket

No comments: