The truth is that We as Christians, creations of Christ, always have a comforter, healer, protector, nurturer, Redeemer, and father. God made all of that possible when he sent his one and ONLY Son to die for me.
I have been so hit by truth lately and harsh realities of real life that I have had no other place to turn than to my Lord and Savour.
The joy that has filled my heart and the hearts of my family is unimaginable....
Not too long ago we were able to have 3 beautiful Ugandan boys come stay in our home through the African Children's Choir. It all started then.... The Lord opened a door to my heart that had not been opened before. I knew of the sadness and poverty that those beautiful boys came from but never personalized it until they stayed in my home, slept in my bed, ate my food and looked deep into My eyes.....
It is so sad to me that there are so many orphans in Africa, yet not enough people stepping up to help.... A quote from a book I am reading says this "God did not make too many people and not enough resources to go around..." HELLO!!!!!! If you have the money, give it. If you have the time , lend it... If you have the ability, take them in and show them LOVE... Show them GOD!!!! This is what hit me smack between the eyes.... God does not ASK us to take care of the least of these... He demands it....!! Love your neighbor as yourself. Myself doesn't want to be hungry.... Myself doesn't want to be any of the things that these precious babies have to endure... Most of the time , fresh water in Africa is only 60 feet below the ground, only 60 feet below dusty little orphaned feet.... yet they have no tools to reach it.... What are we doing people.... If you want to help, go to http://www.sixtyfeet.org/the-story/what-were-doing/
Here in America we are living in such and overabundance of things and stuff... Stuff that doesn't matter.!!!! I know all of this and have known this but have just passively let it slide bc I live in America and not Uganda!!!Really,,??? lately, I look in disgust at what I have.... All of the choices.... All of the things..... It sickens me that I have allowed myself to be jaded by things of this world.... I can't even go into this because it literally makes me ill..Well, things are changing, hearts are changing, lives are changing and mine is one!!! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store on this journey???? I am afraid... I am completely afraid to let his will be done in this area of my life because I love my life. I love the safety and comfort of my family... I am scared to death to shake that up.... But, how can I do his will in fear? I can't. Fear is not from God. God called a lot of people to be a lot of things but from what I remember, safe was not one of them...I know it sounds like I may pack up and haul off somewhere, and to be honest I probably would at this moment.... However, right now, the Lord just wants me to BE STILL and LISTEN.. to him.....
So that is what WE are doing... WE are in constant prayer and trying to involve these proddings in our everyday life right here, right now.... To teach our children that our help comes from the Lord and we are only as good as he is through us..... I know I sound crazy and right now if I'm being honest, I feel a little crazy. I feel like I don't fit in... I feel out of place in the middle of conversations and people.... I feel like I want to do more and just never go back.... I will NEVER be the same.... I am excited about the future. I don't even know where this journey is headed, or what it looks like . It could be as simple as giving or missions, which we do already but could do more? It could be as large and wonderful as Adoption??? It could just be the opening of my heart... The love of being a mother just overwhelms me? I don't know what doors are going to be opened but I am ready and willing.....
I am ready for the journey... because I know that the Lord is in it all....
Luke 12:48 says " From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded"
I have been given so much.... I have been blessed beyond measure....I'm ready Lord.... I want to be used up !!!
This is what I have Learned.... Get rid of the stuff that is cluttering your life, the stuff that numbs our sensitivity to our need for God......
Praise the Lord
Take God at his word!!! Its the Truth...