Thursday, January 12, 2012

Addison's Eczema

Addison has had Eczema since birth. I have always had a gut feeling that it was due to a Milk Allergy but, every doctor said that if it were a Milk allergy it would be so much worse than what it was.
Well, in November my daughter scratched herself so hard for days that she would bleed. This momma was not having that. We called an allergist in Tyer his name is Dr. Butram and he was wonderful.
He didn't really give us anything to try except a steroid cream and told us to come back for
the testing. We are going on the 18th of January for testing but I wasn't about to wait until then and not try things on my own.
Soooooooo, I decided I would start with what I felt was wrong all along. I took out all dairy.... Within a week my babies legs were normal looking. No sign of eczema.... I had before pictures and for some reason can not find them. These are the after photos


The backs of her knees use to be completely scabbed over and red all around!!!!
I will say that every now and then we will see a spot pop up but nothing like what was happening before. So the next step is testing to see what other triggers she could have...
I just can't help but thinking that I knew what was wrong with my baby girl all along.
God gives us such great insight to our children... Listen......

1 comment:

4 SAVAGE'S said...

It is amazing how He leads us!! My cousin tried for 3 long years to become pregnant and who also had horrible asthma and allergies. She found a study regarding gluten and dairy and it's affects if you are allergic to dairy on becoming pregnant. She changed her diet and amazingly became pregnant and now has sweet little Graham - 1 month old. As a wonderful plus she has not had one asthma attack since taking dairy out of her diet!! Keep listening!