Well, was I wrong. Matt called and said that we needed to go pick up the tile today(go here to read about our move)so that we could install it before Mon. The granite guys are coming to install on Monday. So I rush around, get G-man ready and in the car and out we go to buy a tow package for my car so that we can go to the church and borrow the trailer to put the tile and laminate on and take it back to the house... whew. I know.
So we arrive at Stone Works , a wonderful little tile and flooring shop here in town to pick up our order that we had to get before 1:00 and it was 1:10 so yes we were late. We get there and he has it ready on the forklift. He goes to put it in the trailer and it won't go over the edge. We proceed to take every box of 18x18 tile and place it in the trailer by hand. Grayson was with us so it wasn't much fun for him. The tile boxes came bundled with plastic straps that were held together by metal clamps. The straps were getting in the way so we cut them and Matt was trying to slide them out from under the boxes. Well the Wonderfully Strong Man that I married doesn't know his own strength. He tries to pull the strap out and it is stuck under some of the boxes, but he pulls so hard and fast that the metal clamp slices right through the palm of his hand. We decide he needs stitches so we head to the medical clinic. Matt tells me we have to hurry because he is suppose to be in court at 2 ... What ... are you kidding. Baby you aren't gonna make it to court, I say . So he calls his partner and asks for a favor. Jason, being the great friend and wonderful attorney that he is, takes on the challenge and goes to court for Matt. Thank you Jason. your the best.
So as Matt gets 9 stitches in his hand, my son , as usual cracks the doctor up and has him laughing the whole time we are in there. Then we realize we still have to unload the tile at the house. Matt said we could wait for his dad to get home and help me. No way... I can do it myself. "Are you sure" he says ... Of course I am sure. So we go to the house and yes, I got it all unloaded at Matt and Grayson watched. Then we took the trailer back to the church and I unhitched it. We finally got home, and I am able to look back and say " Wow, The day from you know where. I guess the good news is We go to bed get up and Start all over again" From the beginning.
5 comments:
OOOOHHHHHH NNNNOOOOOO!!!!!! I am so proud of you girl!! I knew you didn't REALLY need those men to work on the house! It is ALL you!!!
Matt was this a ploy to get out of lawn duty????
Oh my goodness! And I guess we are still trying to get our UL order together...I'm so sorry!
Hey Matt...you did that on purpose didn't you? You didn't want to help unpack that pod this weekend ;)
Oh man, sorry it was such a bad day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. Matt looks so pitiful in the pict, poor thing!!
Welcome to the joys of home remodeling!! I've lived through it for the past three years. I feel your pain! :)
Goodness!! What a day! I do NOT envy you--prayers that other things will go smoother. :)
Post a Comment