Thursday, August 14, 2008

School has officially begun" For us"



Well, I was going to start when Springhill started school. I am still going to follow them and their calender,but since we are probably taking a vacation in January, I thought I would get a head start. I was very very nervous about this Homeschool thing,I had no clue what to do or even if it would be right for us, I knew I felt like I was being called to do this, but didn't know where to start. Well let me tell you, it has been wonderful. I was really worried about G talking over me and not really listening. None of that has happened thus far, not to say that it won't but the Lord has really blessed me with an easy week. "I know he could probably care less if my week was easy right." We have done 6 full mornings of this waking up and getting started and it has been great. I told Grayson that when I talk, he is not to talk and if he has a question, to raise his hand, and he just shakes his head okay and gives me a big-ole-wink. " He is so darn sweet" Sometimes he raises his hand just to say "You are the best teacher I have ever had" haha Well I just don't have the heart to say "well babe, Im the only teacher you have ever had. :) I guess selfishly I like hearing it. haha. Any way I just wanted to let everyone know how it was going. I have truely felt the prayers. Thank you


Oh yeah , one more thing. We went to the knowlege nook yesterday and I found out that I get the teacher discount. This is very cool for me. I am always up for a discount.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you for doing something SO unselfish for your boy. I think only good things can come from your homeschooling venture. We've decided (actually hubby decided) that we're not doing it (yet) but I'm positive its in our future, we just have a difference of opinion and he always wins! ;)
Keep me updated on how its all going.

Mrs. H said...

Hey he did a EXCELLENT job cutting those things out. Hope you don't mind, but I went a head and forward Ms. Kelly the link. ;)

Call me tomorrow when you know when I can help ya!

My boys said...

YAY!! I am so proud of the 2 of you!! Keep it up, mommies are the BEST teachers!!

Laura said...

Keep it up the good work!! I promise it is worth it!

We also started school last week and all is going well so far! CHEC field trips and ELO start soon and that really makes the school year fun!

I am heading up LEGO club for this year and would love for you to join!

:)

Kelli said...

Way to go!! I am SO impressed! I will continue to pray for guidance and wisdom for you and that both Grayson and you are blessed through this whole experience.