Saturday, August 30, 2008
Please Pray....
I just wanted to ask everyone to say alittle prayer for my family. I know you are all praying for the evacuees of Gustav but if I can be selfish, please say one for my family. I have family that live just outside of New Orleans, they live in Houma. They have evacuated safely but my cousin had to give her 5 and 3 yr old a plastic tote and tell them to fill it with what is most important to them. Can you imagine telling your child to only pick what he could fit in the box, and that what they leave may never be seen again.I do feel very blessed that the only things they may lose are material things,but the human side of me doesn't want those babies to lose the home that they feel safe in. I pray that when they are allowed back home, that they actually have one. They left yesterday at 1 and what was suppose to be a 3 hr drive turned into a 9 hr. drive. Once they got where they were going, she sat down in my aunts house and just started to cry. She realized that she left so many things that were so important to them, but they just couldn't carry them all. Our church, New Beginnings, is housing 200 evacuees and Matt and I are volunteering tomorrow to help feed and get them cots and I am so happy that we get to help and be witnesses to these people in their time of need, but selfishly I just wish that I could be there for my cousins, my family that needs me.I want to wrap my arms around those boys and tell them everything will be o.k.Iwant to let them know, No matter what happens , that God is with them. I hope and pray that all of you with family in the same situation, will be safe . I will be praying for all .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment