Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sweet Boy!!!

The other day I was busy doing all my wonderfull daily chores and I hear Grayson calling from his playroom." Momma can you come here for a minute." "Not right now buddy I am busy." So a few minutes go by and he calls for me again. Just a minute Grayson. So the third time he comes walking down the hall saying "Momma , will you please come here, I have something to show you. "Okay , lets go." So I put down the wet soapy sponge and left the rest of the unwashed dishes in the sink and follow my little man down the hall , the whole time saying." Okay, hurry up buddy , Momma has some work to do." We walk in to the doorway of the Playroom and he turns to me with this huge grin on his face and says."Here it is"!!! ( note the picture above) Oh , good job buddy , it's almost a perfect circle. "WHAT"!! he said. I said it's almost a circle. He looked at me like I had just taken away his food for the week and said "Momma its a heart , I made it just for you." Of course, Of course its a heart. I got down on my knees and squeezed his guts out and told him thank you so much. Told him how wonderful it was and I just loved it so much. So you can imagine how terrible I felt, how could I not know this was a heart , what was so important in that head of mine that I couldn't see this perfectly clear picture of a heart , and that it was made out of his most cherished toys. He spent most of the morning working on this and I just totally ruined his little suprise. You know how when you do something and you have worked so hard on it and someone notices right away. That always makes you feel soooo good inside, like what you do matters. Yeah, well I took his little hard working heart and made it a circle, when it so clearly is a heart. I told him I was so sorry and that I loved that heart. It is still in the Playroom floor today and it has been there for 4 days, and every day he gets up and goes to see if I have cleaned it up or put it away, and everyday it is still there. If you could see his face when he sees it is still there. He just lights up and says you didn't put it away. Then he says , remember when you thought it was a circle because your eyes couldn't see that day. I just thought to myself honey there are so many days that my eyes can't see. So if you come to my house in the near future you will be able to see the heart made out of precious cars and a few soldiers that obviously didn't fair so well. Maybe it will still be there, well atleast untill he has his next hall race with all 154 hotwheels at the same time so that I can't walk down the hall....... Sweet little man, thank you for my car heart. I will always remember it.

Mark 10:14-15"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them,for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mrs. H said...

Love your blog makeover! And especially love your car heart! How sweet is he! Beautiful blog!

My boys said...

TEARS!!!

Unknown said...

That is so precious!!!! So sweet when they tell you they love you, in their own way....you know that's truly from the heart!

heartlandfamily said...

So Sweet!!!