Saturday, August 6, 2011

School days School days good old...........

Every year at this time, I start singing the tune... School days, School days, good old golden rule days.:D My dad use to sing that when we didn't want to go to school hahaha..




Any way, its that time of year again and we are excited!!!




We actually started early this year because Grayson was ready and it just means we will finish sooner. This year we are doing something different. We are trying out an Accredited curriculum. He will receive report cards graded by the school every 6 weeks which will be new, and he can't wait. I'm excited about it because it will help me with my record keeping. He will also get transcripts through them as well... Yayyyyy




This year he is going into 3rd grade:( I can't believe it.... Where has the time gone..


I'm really excited about the subjects and what they contain. I am so thrilled with our bible curriculum this year.. I love it so much, that I have already read the hole thing and am trying to


come up with some creative add ins:)))))




So here is our school so far..




Of course Addison is too small for school but I will be trying to implement some blanket training with her this year.. We will see. It may turn into more of a pack-n-play training :) While listening to her ABC tape.




Grayson : Grade 3




Bible- Studying Gods word. We will do this daily




Science- Exploring God's Creation (christian liberty press) and he will also get science through E.L.O. we will do this 2 times a week




Reading- History Stories for Children and The Wright Brothers and their Sister. We will do this daily.




History- American Pioneers and Patriots. 2 times a week




Math- MCP Mathematics. Daily




Grammar- Bob Jones English and Grammar. 3 times a week




Spelling-Building Spelling Skills. Daily




Handwriting- Handwriting with out tears. 3 times a week






So it will be pretty full mornings for us and I can hardly wait....I am hoping that we can get done early so that we can move on to some 4th grade work...




I am completely and utterly speechless at the works that the Lord has done in my family... The most wonderful thing and greatest blessing to me is that he has allowed me to stay home with our children. He laid homeschooling on my heart from day 1 with Grayson ,and he blessed me with a supportive husband that feels the same way I do if not more so, and for that, I am so Thankful

I love every minute of watching Grayson and soon Addison learn. I love that we are able to monitor what goes into their little mold able minds. I love that I am able to show them books that say God spoke the Earth into existence. I love it all. The hard days, the easy days, the rainy days, the headache days.... Because THIS is what I was called to do... THIS is the JOB the LORD intended for me.:D and I couldn't be more joyful.:D


Hope everyone has a fabulous school year:)


Let the fun begin!!!!!



1 comment:

TexasNeals said...

jes, this looks so good. hope it's the best year yet! you are awesome! :)