As most of you know, my wife and I have been blessed by God and are expecting a baby girl at the end of July. If you have followed Jessi's blog for long, you know that Jessi is intent on giving God all the glory and praise for honoring our family with this precious blessing, and I certainly join her in that chorus. That said, I would like to take this opportunity to turn the spotlight on my Love for her role in this blessing. I will never understand what it feels like to have a little life growing inside of you. The changes that you go through physically, emotionally, and mentally are things that I will never comprehend. Sure, the end result is worth it and there is a lot of joy along the pregnancy journey, but it is also filled with potholes and pitfalls that make life less than enjoyable at times. My Love, however, never focuses on herself or her difficulties. Instead, she apologizes for any inconveniences that the rampant changes going on in her body may cause me and my son. To some that may seem crazy, but Jessi is so dedicated and devoted to me and Grayson, her boys, that she could not fathom turning the attention to herself for even one second. Just one more reason that I love her guts out and that she is the best wife and mother in the world. So, I am going to turn the attention to Jessi since she will not do it for herself.
Jessi Hill, my Love, is a wonderful wife, and my best friend. She gives me everything, but asks for nothing. She devotes herself to my happiness, even at the expense of her own. She strives daily to make my life as easy and happy as possible, no matter how hard it means she has to work. She loves me unconditionally. In short, she is amazing!
Jessi Hill, my Love, is a wonderful mother. She lives for Grayson. She would go to the ends of the earth to make him happy, but loves Grayson enough to make sure that he does not expect her to. She teaches Grayson about God, his perfect love, and his desire for a relationship with us. She is a Godly example to our son in a sin filled world.
Most amazingly, while growing more pregnant everyday, making everything more difficult, my Love has picked up her efforts to exhibit the characteristics laid out above. At a time when she would feel justified to retreat into herself, she strives to even be more selfless.
Babe, I love you, I am proud of you, and I am honored that you are having our baby girl. I thank God for you and you will always be my LOVE.
5 comments:
Oh Babe,
I DO NOT deserve you, but I am so blessed and thankful that you chose me to be your wife. God made you just for me and knew exactly what I needed when he made you. You are everything to me and our "Children" :D I love you so much.
From what I can see you are both very blessed! Grayson and the baby are blessed to have such wonderful parents!
WOW!! That was so sweet!! ( Jessi? did you write that ;)
I am excited for both of you and can't wait to meet this little, spicy Hill girl!!
Laura C. you are such a wonderful friend and I love you:D
Laura H. You are crazy hahaha. I would say yes I wrote it but we all know that I don't use those big words hahaha. I can't wait to meet her either:D
~sniff~sniff~
Matt, please call Brian Traywick at 903-241-2086 and tell him how to do this for his wife.
Thank you!!!!
Post a Comment