Have I said lately how very much I love homeschooling my boy? I just never would have guessed that we would be doing this. Anyone that knows me , knows that my personality is not one for homeschooling. That is why I know it was Gods will for us to do this. When Grayson was about to go into kindergarten I felt so unsettled. I prayed and prayed for the answers and talked with Matt, I cant tell you how many times,about why I was so uneasy. One morning, after praying so hard the night before, the choice of homeschooling just popped into my mind. Little did I know ,it was Gods whisper that put it there on my heart. Last night one of my mentors made a comment that totally explains how I do this. I am not the denim wearin' hymn singin'15 kid havin' homeschooler and I will never be. I totally admire those people.I love looking into their lives and watching the way it works, but its not who I am. I often get told," I could never do what you do, you are a special person to be able to homeschool." Well, I am no more special than the next person. C.H. said last night and it really resonated with me. "If you are willing, God can change you." THAT'S IT.....God has changed me, he has changed my heart and my ability to homeschool Grayson. I have been listening and doing what the lord had planned for us. That makes me feel so loved. This works for us,and only us. This is not the perfect mistake proof way to raise your children. There are just as many downfalls to homeschooling as with any other way to school your children. The difference is , I did what God was telling me to do , and in that instance it makes it the perfect way for us. Thats it, the whole thing in a nutshell...Its right for us and so we will do this as long as it is right for us "or until Grayson comes to me and says, mom I'm tired of you and want to go to school" haha ...That is very likely to happen.
Here are a few pictures of him doing school yesterday morning. I just love seeing his little mind at work:D
P.S. I couldn't get over how he wanted all his map colors straight in a line and he would take his finger and gently pull out the one he needed and gently put it back just right. He is so not like me:D


1 comment:
I think it is fantastic and I am so happy you are enjoying it! I bet Grayson will never, ever get tired of YOU!!!
Post a Comment