Monday, June 29, 2009

Recipe

I just decided to type it out. So here it is..:D Hope you like it as much as we do. There are shortcuts in there so you dont have to make the dough and what not:D


Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

I make the dough first.
2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup shortening
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, softened
DIRECTIONS
Dissolve yeast in warm water.
Stir in sugar, salt, eggs, shortening, and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth. Mix in remaining flour until smooth. Scrape dough from side of bowl. Knead dough, then cover it and let rise in a warm place until double (about 1-1/2 hours).
Punch down dough. Divide in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch circle. Spread with butter. . Cover and let rise until double (about 1 hour). I have also used the Pillsbury cresent roll dough and it works amazing too, just not so homemade :D


Then it is just throwing the ingredients together

I use frozen or fresh when I have them ( Peas) you can use canned Veg-All )
Frozen or fresh carrots
Celery
Potatoes
Corn
Use as much or as little of the veggies and you like
2 cans of cream of chicken
½ to a cup of Milk( any kind you like, we use real cows milk from the dairy)


Then I shred my boiled and deboned chicken
Again as much as you like

Put all veggies and chicken in a bowl and toss together with 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and your milk.
Salt and pepper to taste and if you like other seasonings you may use those as well. Then place in baking cups or casserole dish and cover with homemade crescent bread dough, You can use Pillsbury crescent rolls and just put one layer of the dough to cover top.

Bake on 350 until veggies are cooked and dough is golden brown…
Approx. 20-30 min. Times vary depending on your oven.

Make sure to only use one layer of the dough or you may have problems with it cooking all the way through.:D










Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the dinner idea! I had a chicken cooking in my crockpot and wasn't sure what to do with it. It just so happens I have a bag of Veg-all, 2 cans of soup, and a can of biscuits in the fridge!! It was meant to be. :)

Laura said...

Yummy!! I will have to try!!