Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Words from Grayson

Let me preface this by saying that Grayson is one of those children that needs an explanation of everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Don't get me wrong, I love it that he wants to know ,and that he doesn't just settle for the surface of things ,but in some cases this is not ideal. When he gets in trouble"not very often:D" haha but on those special occasions when he does get in trouble He will begin to ask why not do it this way or that way , so I have started saying what he cant do and at the end I say" Period, the end." That way he knows that he is not to say another word and it works. That is until we went to Target yesterday.hmmmmm

Grayson: So are we about done

Me: Yeah, in a minute

My phone rings and it is a friend of mine, I tell her that I am at Target buying things that we don't need.:( I hang up and notice that Grayson has this terrible look on his face.

Me: What's the matter buddy, we are fixing to leave.

Grayson: No it's not that , I just heard you say that you were buying stuff we don't need.

Me: Oh its okay I was just saying that to be funny.

Grayson: No mom, if we don't need it , you don't need to buy it. That is wasting our money. You need to put that stuff back.

I started to interrupt him with an explanation and he looked at me with a stern look and said,
" PERIOD, THE END."


Hmmmm,,,, They do listen and then repeat at the worst time.

I love you buddy:D


4 comments:

Laura said...

I love that! I have to remind Isaac all of the time that he is not my morality police officer. He feels the need to correct everyone!

They keep us humble!

MLP said...

I bet this made Daddy proud!!! This is hilarious!!!

So did you put anything back?!?

The Clevelands said...

Too funny!

heartlandfamily said...

So funny!!!