Friday, March 6, 2009

My LOVE!!!

As you all know, Jessi takes time to post on our blog and keep all of our friends and family up to date on what is happening with us. She also uses the blog as a way to brag on me and build me up, which makes me feel loved and secure.

Well, now it is time to turn the attention to the person that really deserves the praise, My LOVE.

My LOVE is most importantly a devoted follower of Christ who pursues a growing relationship with Him on a daily basis. It is has been an honor to watch her love and understanding grow exponentially for the One whose love knows no bounds, whose grace knows no limits, and whose mercy knows no end. What's more, as her faith and knowledge grow, her hunger for Him grows even more. I could not be more proud of My LOVE as she continues to grow in to the Godly woman that Christ wants her to be.

My LOVE is also the best wife that a man could ever want. She is someone that I can laugh with, which we do a lot, and be serious with. She both challenges me and makes my life easier at the same time. She loves me unconditionally, which I really need, and always forgives me when I make mistakes, which I also really need. Further, she is willing to admit when she's wrong and make peace even when she's right. Unless you've been loved by My LOVE, you really don't understand the love of a woman.

My LOVE is also the best mother in the whole wide world. Her comittment to Grayson is unparalleled. She makes sure that everday of his life he feels loved and knows his mother's love will never end, but always grow. She makes sure that everday of his life he feels encouraged to reach new heights and spread his wings a little more. She makes sure that everyday of his life he knows that only he can limit where his life will take him, because all things are possible with God. She teaches our son, raises our son, and blesses our son everday. And last, but certainly not least, she makes sure that our son realizes that he is a creation of God, knitted by God, and loved by God more than he could ever comprehend.

I could go on and on about My LOVE all day and wax poetically about the depth of my love and admiration for her, but her shyness (that's right, I said shyness) probably has her face red and wanting this post to end. You see, for all the effort she puts into everyone that crosses her path, she rarely thinks about herself. She would rather wash my dirty clothes or buy grayson a new outfit than replace the blue gym shorts and white v-neck that makes her famous. She would rather talk about what's going on with Grayson or brag on me than think about herself. And that is yet another reason that I love My LOVE so much that it hurts.

I LOVE YOU BABE! YOU ARE, AND WILL ALWAYS BE, MY LOVE!

3 comments:

Life with the Akin Clan said...

Matt-we haven't met but I have the joy of being friends with your love! She is a great person and I am blessed to know her!

Jessi-you are one blessed lady! Hold on to that man because the good ones are hard to find! Love ya girl!

The Clevelands said...

It sounds like you are both very blessed!

MLP said...

What a beautiful post!!! None of this surprises me about your LOVE! Seriously!