The other day I heard this song and felt like it was speaking just to me. I went home and just went about my day and a few days later my wonderful husband came home from work and told me he had something for me. He gave me his phone with this song downloaded on it.He said when he heard it he thought about me. You see, I am so very hard on myself, I pick myself apart all the time just as we all do I am sure.I always set these standards for myself and never measure up.I set goals and never achieve them and at the end of the day I feel like a total failure. Matt just can't stand it when I do this. He always tells me my little flaws are perfect not only in his eyes but in Gods eyes.It is so hard to let go of those strongholds and consciously every day remind myself that I don't have to be a prisoner to those things and thoughts. I know God was speaking to me through this song. I just had to listen. So now this is the song I play all the time when I need to hear that God loves me and all of us just the way we are. He made me and I know God is perfect so why do I constantly think he messed up on me? He didn't, I am perfect just the way I am. I am so thankful for my wonderful husband who always tells me how perfect I am.:D Enjoy this song.
Jessi - so nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by today, it's always so fun to meet new bloggy friends. :)
Wow, girl...I could have written this post...this is how I feel all the time. I don't know why it is such a struggle for me to realize that God loves ME, imperfections and all, but I'm trying to get it from my head to my heart. Thank God for wonderful husbands that can encourage us!
Oh, btw, I cannot tell you how much your header picture made me smile. I love it!
2 comments:
Love it!!
Jessi - so nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by today, it's always so fun to meet new bloggy friends. :)
Wow, girl...I could have written this post...this is how I feel all the time. I don't know why it is such a struggle for me to realize that God loves ME, imperfections and all, but I'm trying to get it from my head to my heart. Thank God for wonderful husbands that can encourage us!
Oh, btw, I cannot tell you how much your header picture made me smile. I love it!
Post a Comment