Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Book Club

I am starting a book study on the book Biblical Womanhood in the Home by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. A friend of mine is heading it up and I am so excited about doing this. I love studying God's will and word. This book is a great way to continue that. It teaches us to be comfortable in the way God intended us women to be for our husbands, children, and in the everyday.

I hope you will join me in this process, and I will post later on how you can keep up with us through our Blog.

Until then, here is an excerpt from my friends blog about the meat of the book:) Hope you will join me

"* The book is Biblical Womanhood in the Home by Nancy Leigh DeMoss*

The Goal is to break free of the "feminist movement" in our culture and embrace the Godly purpose of a woman.
"The purpose is to spread the seeds of a new movement the 'seeds of hope, humility, obedience, and prayer'."I feel strongly that we have really missed the beautiful way that God has created us as women. The feelings of inadequacy, ugliness, competitiveness, pride, jealousy, depression and overall discontentment is not from God. I have been struggling with all of those things my entire adulthood.
I am committed to crying out to God to help change those things in my life!! I can not do this on my own will, I am learning that!!I hope you will join us in reading and discussing this book together. If you don't want to read the book, please feel free to read over posts and glean from the wisdom of other Godly women!!I pray that you that have already said they wanted to join in would be patient with me as I figure this all out!! And most importantly, pray that God will work a wonders in our lives as we seek to fully embrace His love and desire for us.I will post info later on in the week concerning the new blog!! Again, if you have any ideas, suggestions or advice. please chime in. This is not MY blog but ours!! "

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Jessi,

Cheryl Radford here. I talked with you about your business a while back. I looked at your blog through Amy's blog - hope you don't mind. I was so uplifted by your blog! You seem to truly be a woman seeking God. This book sounds very interesting. Did you just go to Lifeway and purchase this? Are ya'll doing a personal study on this book and then just discussing through the blog? I'm interested, so let me know. I'd love for you to join my blog and vice versa. I'm still pretty new at this "blogging". Amy is teaching me and mostly I'm learning by trial and error - lots of errors, ha! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheryl said...

Jessie,

Hey! I checked out your blog through Amy's blog acct - hope you don't mind. I talked with you before Christmas about your business. I was so uplifted by your blog. You seem to be a woman seeking the Lord. You have a beautiful family and I love your blog layout! I'm interested in the bible study on this book. Are you reading this personally and then blogging about it? Did you go to Lifeway to purchase this book? It sounds like a book we all should read! I'd love to hear back about it. Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheryl