Tuesday, September 23, 2008

MEMORIES

A smile a kiss, first words, first laughs. All of these wonderful memories etched in a mothers heart forever.

I remember as a young girl wanting to always be a mother. I truely believe that it was my calling in life to be Grayson's mom. I always was very wishy washy about career choices in my life. ie wanted to be a Nurse, Teacher, Photographer. etc...
Not until Grayson was born did I absolutely know I am doing what God intended for me to do.

I remeber when we brought Grayson home for the first time from the Hospital. I asked Matt why we didn't get some sort of instruction manual on him. They just let us walk out with this tiny human, and I had no idea what in the world I was doing. When we got home, My mom and sister were there to help me out for a while. Since Matt was in Law school at the time, I was home alot by myself. I remember going to the Bedroom and seeing our Wedding picture. I cried for our couplehood, it would no longer be just the two of us. No more Matt and Jessi. It would now be Matt, Jessi and Grayson. I remember our first trip to the Grocery store and how unimaginably hard it seemed to be. "At the time" Of course now I would give anything for him to be in a carseat and not be able to run carelessly through isles and almost knock people over to see a new Monster Truck that Wal-Mart just got in. I remember thinking that as he cried in the check out line, his screeches were hundreds of times louder than they actually were. These moments etched in my heart forever.

I can't imagine how incredably boring our lives would be without this wonderful young man God has blessed us with. Every day of his life I thank God for him and the joys and wonderful struggles we face with him each and every day. If he learns nothing else in this life, he will always know that we love him to the ends of the earth.

Maybe as he grows more and more everyday a snapshot of a smile or a laugh will bring these memories flooding back like waters of the ocean. Or the scrapbook I kept for him as a baby will trigger a memory or two of wonderful sadness and amazing joy and happiness in our lives.

All I know is as a mother of 1 or 3 or 8 we as mothers have these memories etched into our hearts and I thank the lord everyday for all of these memories.

Tonight I am praying for all the Mommies of the world and that you all have Blessed days ahead.

Proverbs 31:10-12 and 25-31
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate
.

4 comments:

The Wolfe Family said...

What a sweet little post...and you are such a great mom, Grayson is one lucky guy!!!

Adriana said...

Hi Jessi, this is Adriana, from ELO - I'm one of Grayson's teachers. :) I found your blog through Laura Hill's. How cool! I love it when I find out that new friend has a blog. It's such a great way to get to know someone better.

I'm glad Grayson enjoyed the lesson on doctors. He seems like he'd make a good one. Such cute pictures. We have a schnauzer too! Her name is Lola. :)

You'll have to come by my blog to learn more about us. :) It's thereaghfamily dot com

I enjoyed meeting you and love having our son in my class.

-Adriana

Mrs. H said...

sweet!

Kelli said...

Beautiful words, Jessi. Thank you for sharing and for being such an amazing mom to Grayson. He's a lucky little guy!